Training Sessions, Fall 2016
Exploring Research Resources
- Academic Search Premier This database provides full text journal coverage for nearly all academic areas of study.
- ATLA Religion Database with ATLASerials Learn how to search this online collection of major religion and theology journals.
- BrowZine BrowZine is the newest tool available at PTS for browsing our online journal subscriptions. Learn how to better engage these journals by building a digital bookshelf, enriching your syllabi or presentations, keeping up-to-date on the latest advances in the discipline, and experiencing the research benefits of serendipitous discovery.
- Discovery and the Library Catalog Join us for overviews of two important tools for finding research materials: Summon, the powerful search engine behind the large search box on the library website, and the Library Catalog, a searchable database of items physically located within the library building, including course reserves.
- E-books Through the library, you have access to over 130,000 e-books and counting. Discover the variety of e-books available to you at PTS including the Cambridge Companions, the Loeb Classical Library, and the primary sources of some of the most important Christian thinkers of the 20th century like Bonhoeffer, Barth, Cone, von Balthasar, Gutiérrez, Ruether, and others.
- Oxford research resources Get an overview of the rich and varied databases available via Oxford University Press.
- ProQuest research resources Get an overview of the various databases available via ProQuest, including ProQuest Dissertations, the Psychology Database, and the Social Science Database.
- PTS Manuscript Collections PTS Special Collections hold letters, sermons, lecture notes, scrapbooks, photographs, and other materials from more than 400 individuals and organizations, from the Seminary’s founding to today. Learn how these unique materials can support your research and studies.
- Theological Commons Learn about the Theological Commons, a digital library of over 80,000 resources on theology and religion. It consists mainly of public domain books but also includes periodicals, audio recordings, and other formats.
- Web Archiving at PTS Ever look for a website only to discover it’s gone? The PTS Web Archive preserves seminary-related sites, which hold valuable seminary information. Learn how our archived web content, including faculty sites, Princeton area churches, and institutional sites, can support your research and studies.
- What are Scholarly Metrics? Join us for this brief (15 minute) introduction to scholarly metrics and what how they will impact scholars in religion and theology.
Tuesday, September 27, 2016 – Discovery and the Library Catalog
Thursday, September 29, 2016 – BrowZine
Tuesday, October 4, 2016 – E-Books
Thursday, October 6, 2016 – Discovery and the Library Catalog
Tuesday, October 11, 2016 – Web Archiving at PTS (10/10/16 is Electronic Records Day – learn more)
Thursday, October 13, 2016 – Academic Search Premier & ATLA Religion Database with ATLASerials
Tuesday, October 18, 2016 – Academic Search Premier & ATLA Religion Database with ATLASerials
Thursday, October 20, 2016 – PTS Manuscript Collections
Tuesday, October 25, 2016 – "Ask a Librarian"
Tuesday, November 1, 2016 – Oxford research resources
Thursday, November 3, 2016 – Oxford research resources
Tuesday, November 8, 2016 – What are Scholarly Metrics?
Thursday, November 10, 2016 – What are Scholarly Metrics?
Tuesday, November 15, 2016 – ProQuest research resources
Thursday, November 17, 2016 – Theological Commons
All workshops will take place in the Library Training Room, 3rd Floor, North Wing.
- Course Design and Setup in Blackboard: A Workshop for New Faculty and Preceptors
Wednesday, September 7, 2016
- Succeed with Blackboard: A Workshop for New and Returning Students
Wednesday, September 14, 2016
- Using Blackboard: Question & Answer Session
Wednesday, November 2, 2016
Send email to firstname.lastname@example.org
Accordance and BibleWorks
- PTS’ Accordance Basics: An Academic Technology Workshop
Wednesday, October 12, 2016
- PTS’ BibleWorks Basics: An Academic Technology Workshop
Wednesday, November 9, 2016
Send email to email@example.com
EndNote and Zotero
- Citations and Bibliographies Simplified: A Zotero Workshop
Wednesday, October 5, 2016
- Searching Library Catalogs and Databases: An EndNote X7 Workshop
Wednesday, October 26, 2016
- Using Zotero: Question & Answer Session
Wednesday, December 7, 2016
Send email to firstname.lastname@example.org