Authorized users* may complete the Interlibrary Loan Request Form to request materials from other libraries. NOTE: It often takes up to 10 DAYS from the date a request is placed to obtain materials via interlibrary loan.
Who may use this service?
*Interlibrary loan is a service provided to Princeton Theological Seminary faculty, visiting faculty (including CTI members**), students and staff. Persons not affiliated with Princeton Theological Seminary in these ways should use the facilities of their own institution or those of their local public library.
**CTI members should contact Kate Skrebutenas.
What is interlibrary loan?
Interlibrary loan (ILL) is designed to support patrons in their research, making available supplemental resources which the Princeton Theological Seminary Library and the Princeton University Libraries cannot provide. The patron should make a reasonable effort to locate the desired materials at Princeton Theological Seminary and at Princeton University before using the ILL Request Form.
Policies and Procedures
- If many items are needed, the patron should arrange to visit the libraries where those materials are held. The reference librarian reserves the right to limit the number of requests honored for a particular patron, in accordance with accepted interlibrary loan practice.
- A patron should not request materials that Princeton Theological Seminary owns unless they have been officially designated as missing. Books already charged out must be recalled.
- Interlibrary loan is designed to make supplemental resources for research available to PTS students and faculty. Text books and required reading for classes are accessible at the library reserve desk, and so, should not be requested via interlibrary loan.
- Requests should be made via the ILL Request Form. Patrons may consult with a member of the reference staff during regular service hours or via email if they have questions.
- Books are borrowed at no charge to the patron. ALL BOOKS MUST BE PICKED UP AT THE SERVICE DESK, USED IN THE LIBRARY, AND RETURNED TO THE SERVICE DESK. BORROWED BOOKS DO NOT CIRCULATE. If the lending library charges a fee for articles copied from journals or books, however, the patron will be responsible for paying the fee regardless of when the material arrives.
- PATRON MUST INDICATE THE MAXIMUM S/HE IS WILLING TO PAY FOR A PHOTOCOPY OR SCAN. The patron will be billed for whatever charges are assessed against the seminary library for this service.
Authorized users may complete the ILL Request Form.
REMINDER: It often takes up to 10 DAYS from the date a request is placed to obtain materials via interlibrary loan.