Collection Development Policy
This policy provides a set of guidelines for collection development within the framework of the collection’s history, direction, proximity to Princeton University collections, and relationship to other regional and national-level collecting efforts. This policy aims to:
- describe the current challenges of research-level collecting
- explain what collection development is and how it is related to strategic directions of the institution
- outline the criteria which inform the Library’s selections of content, including types of digital content
- define the scope of collecting support for the academic programs and research of the institution in context with Princeton University collections
- identify the importance of developing preservation policy and strong ongoing funding necessary to fully implement the policy and fulfill the Library’s mission.