Resources for Everyone
Need help accessing a resource? Contact the Discovery and Web Services Librarian
Need help using library resources? Ask a Reference Librarian
The resources below are freely available to the general public.
The Princeton Theological Seminary Library's podcast series makes audio and video files available that will bring the library closer to you and enrich your virtual library experience. Podcasts will feature events, resources, and individuals from the PTS Library and the academy offering instruction, commentary, and discussion that we hope will enhance your life and work.
Digital Collections @ Princeton Theological Seminary Library
- Theological Commons — The Theological Commons is a digital library of materials on theology and religion, developed in partnership with the Internet Archive, a nonprofit dedicated to building and maintaining a free and openly accessible online digital library. More about the Theological Commons
- Princeton Seminary Journals — A digitized collection of journals published by, or closely associated with, Princeton Theological Seminary from 1825 to the present.
- Princeton Lectures on Youth, Church, and Culture —The Princeton Lectures on Youth, Church, and Culture foster original scholarship pertaining to youth and the contemporary church. This lecture series, begun in 1996, is sponsored by The Institute for Youth Ministry at Princeton Theological Seminary. The lectures are fully searchable and can be read online or downloaded as PDF documents.
- Guides to Manuscript Collections — A searchable database of over 200 guides to manuscripts located in the Library’s Special Collections.
- Digital Library of Abraham Kuyper — The Digital Library of Abraham Kuyper will host almost every published work by Abraham Kuyper as well as his complete archive. This project is being developed in cooperation with the Historical Documentation Centre for Dutch Protestantism at the Vrije Universiteit Amsterdam.
- Abraham Kuyper Bibliography — This classified bibliography of works about Abraham Kuyper currently contains over 1,400 records compiled by the staff of the Princeton Theological Seminary Library and the Vrije Universiteit Amsterdam, assisted by Kuyper scholars worldwide.
- Web Archive — Because web sites change frequently, ephemeral but valuable content is easily lost over time. The Web Archive project at Princeton Theological Seminary collects, preserves, and provides access to web content for current and future generations of researchers by capturing copies of selected web sites at regular intervals.
Other Freely Accessible Resources
In addition to the holdings of the Princeton Theological Seminary Library, the Library maintains a useful list of current, freely available online resources that may be of use to alumni, including resources such as web directories, Biblical studies material, religious image databases, online texts, Presbyterian Church (USA) ordination exam archives, statistical and data resources, worship and preaching resources, theses, catalogs of research libraries, and bibliographies.