Laptop and iPad Loaner Program
The Princeton Theological Seminary Library’s loaner program, consisting of MacBook laptops and iPads, is to enhance researchers’ endeavors while in the library. Devices can connect to the wireless network to access scholarly databases and other Internet resources, as well as software typical of Seminary lab computers. Users are financially responsible for devices and peripherals they borrow.
- Laptops and iPads are for use in the library only and are not to leave the building.
- The loan period is four (4) hours with up to one (1) renewal, which must be done in-person at the First Floor Service Desk, and must be returned one half hour before library closing. Laptops and iPads cannot be borrowed overnight.
- Laptops and iPads are loaned on a first-come first-served basis during library hours. Users cannot reserve equipment.
- Users may place a hold if all devices are currently in use.
- Individuals may only borrow one device (laptop or iPad) at a time.
- Laptop and iPad loans are solely for Princeton Theological Seminary personnel (current students, faculty, staff and administrators) and alumni/ae who have an active borrowing card.
- $5.00 for each 15 minutes late.
- $100.00 maximum late fee
- Final damage or replacement cost will be determined by ITS with a maximum replacement value of $2,500.00
- Users are responsible for any equipment lost, damaged or stolen.
- Equipment will be checked upon return to ensure there is no damage.
- Personal software may not be loaded at any time.
- Users must save their work prior to return; all data will be removed once returned.
- Users are subject to the Seminary’s Computer User Policy as defined in the Seminary Handbook.
This policy is subject to review and change.